Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 264
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 18g
Total Carbohydrates 118g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 1/2 tbsp rice flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup red & white quinoa
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 1 firm avocado wedges
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime juice
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups dried heirloom beans
- 8 fresh bay leaves
- 1 large onion quartered
- 1 lbs trimmed green beans; 1/2" pieces
- 1 lbs yellow wax beans; 1/2" pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 canned minced chipotle chiles
- salt and ground black pepper
- 3-4 diced jalapeno chiles
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 6 deep fried corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups rough chopped frisee
- Cilantro Aioli
- Crispy Avocados
- 1. Combine rice, flour, water, cumin, salt and pepper to make a batter. In a separate bowl, combine quinoa, poppy seeds and black and white sesame seeds. Place flour for dusting into a third bowl.
- 2. Season avocado liberally with salt. To coat avocado, dust wedges with rice flour, shaking off all excess. Dip floured wedges into batter to coat lightly and then roll each wedge in the seed mixture, pressing gently to form a complete crust. Freeze on a rack overnight.
- 3. Heat 1 to 2 inches on vegetable oil to 375 degrees F in a small pot. In batches, fry the coated avocado wedges in the hot oil until seeds are golden and crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes, and then transfer to a rack to drain.
- In a food processor, add cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Pulse until cilantro is very finely chopped and a paste begins to form. Add tofu and combine throughly. Slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil to incorporate and emulsify. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Cooking the Cannellini, Christmas Lima, Scarlet Runner, Peruvian Yellow, Black Calypso Beans in different pots, cover beans with water. Add bay leaves and onion wedges, dividing evenly between pots. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat, simmering gently, covered, for 45 to 75 minutes or until beans are cooked through and creamy inside. Remove from heat, cool to room temperature, remove bay leaves and onion, and drain throughly.
- 2. Meanwhile, fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil with a very large pinch of salt. Cook green and yellow beans until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and scatter on a platter lined with paper towels. Set aside to chill in the refrigerator.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, add olive oil, vinegar, agave, mustard, chipotle chiles, salt and pepper. Whisk to form vinaigrette. Add all cooked beans, jalapeno chiles, green onions, and gently toss to evenly coat. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt, pepper and vinegar as needed.
- 4. To serve: Squirt or spread a little cilantro aioli on each crispy tostada and top with frisee lettuce. Mound bean salad mixture on top and garnish with fried avocado slice drizzled with chipotle vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
America Cooks With Chefs http://www.americacookswithchefs.com/